Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Caramel Apple Cinnamon Cake!

Mmmm...trying out some new recipes [well new to me at least]! First on the list...Apple Cake! Of course I couldn't just go with the Pinterest post....which claimed this is an easy "two ingredient" recipe of plain old apple cake...no no I had to spice it up a little bit! So...here is my version of this cake [it has a few more steps and ingredients, but TOTALLY worth it]. 

1 (Box) - Yellow Cake Mix
3 - Eggs
1/2 (c) - Water
1 Can - Apple Pie Filling
Cinnamon
1 Can - Frosting Creations [Yes. I am lazy. No. I do not make homemade frosting.]
1 Packet - Caramel Flavor for Frosting

Mix together the yellow cake, eggs and water. Make sure you get all the "lumps" out then add the apple pie filling until completely mixed together. 


That's right...I cook by candlelight!
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, while that was baking I mixed my packet of caramel into my frosting and added some cinnamon [to taste]. 



Once baked, let cool then added my frosting and sprinkled some more cinnamon on top [in my opinion you can never have too much cinnamon]!



Bonus to this recipe is that it makes the whole house smell like apple pie [even if this recipe was a total disaster...the smell would have made up for it]!  

I also FINALLY tried that Marshmallow Caramel [I was in a caramel mode] Popcorn recipe that has been all over Pinterest last night for our family movie night: showing The Amazing Superman Batman Spiderman ..I can't keep up [it was horrible by the way, but my 4 year loved it]! The verdict on the popcorn: as quoted from a friend who also tried it "SWEET BABY JESUS it was A-mazing!" Will definitely be something we make for movie nights in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment