Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

So, not only is October my favorite month because it's my birthday month but also because I LOVE Halloween! Decided to do something a little different this year instead of carving a pumpkin [having a 4 year old that can get pretty messy] so this year we decided to paint a pumpkin! Thanks to some niffy diffy ideas from Pinterest...of course! Here are photos of our fun pumpkin painting afternoon!




I started while the boys were napping, spray painted each pumpkin a different color! The one I painted white was for Mas, that way his paint would really POP on the pumpkin! It drys pretty quick too, took about 30 minutes and they were ready for paint!


Poor Nash wanted to help soooooo bad, but this year he just had to sit back and watch his bubba....but Mas [being the best big brother ever] kept Nash involved! He was talking to him the whole time and showing him his paintings as he was doing them.


And Mas's masterpiece is complete!


Mommy's pumpkins came out okay....didn't quite look like the ones on Pinterest [not surprised] but I like them! Hubby liked them too, less mess is always a plus and the fact that now they will last longer and not attract any flies!


All n' all this was a total success and per Mas "we will do this every year! I like painting pumpkins, I'm gonna be an artist when I get big! Oh and I'm gonna be rich!". I sure do hope so honey...mommy could use a second home in the mountains for retirement...ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment