Thursday, February 28, 2013

02*29*12

"It is finally time!"


That was the thought going through my mind this time last year...February 28th 2012. On this day last year I was sitting at the hospital for my pre-surgery appointment, getting checked in and meeting with my doctors. The C-Section had been scheduled and everything was in order for my beautiful baby boy's arrival! 

All I had to do now was go home, eat a big meal and get a good nights sleep! 
Yeah. Right. 
Eating at this point in my pregnancy was no problem but sleep...no way. 
I was so excited + scared + nervous + a million other emotions! 

The morning of February 29th 2012 still seems like a dream when I think back, I remember being mentally prepared for surgery [first surgery I had ever had in my life]. My only fear was there being a complication with Nash. Luckily for the both of us, everything went as planned and on Wednesday morning at 11:21 am on February 29th 2012 Vincent Nash Harris was born weighing in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 17 inches long. Our little leap year boy!

Every moment in my life since that day has been more meaningful, exciting, beautiful, unpredictable and amazing because I get to share it with Nash. In his short time on this earth he has already taught me so many things about myself that I didn't even know I needed to learn. I can only imagine the things we will learn together as we both continue to grow. He was the missing piece to our little family and now that he is here I could never picture our life without him. 

He is Daddy's little helper, Bubba's best friend and Mommy's baby boy.

Happy Birthday Nash!




No comments:

Post a Comment