Friday, January 11, 2013

Hello 2013...


I feel like it’s been months since I've blogged and I have totally been meaning to [I mean really. It’s been on my “to do” list for about two weeks now] but our household has been under siege since the very first day of the new year, fighting an invasion of massive proportions…the FLU [and we totally went down in flames]! It all started with my husband and I am now just getting over it to the point where I am starting to feel less and less like a pruned up wad of mucus! So, needless to say I have some catching up to do on here! A lot of things have happened since my last blog…so here we go!

Happy New Year!!! [yea yea…a day late a buck short, I know]
I had wanted to celebrate the end of 2012, but honestly this was the day that the dreaded flu came knocking on my door so I didn't feel much like celebrating [or sitting up right or speaking or having my eyes open for that matter] but I did manage to get a least a few cute pictures of Nash in his New Year’s outfit…so it wasn't a complete fail.


My wedding anniversary is also on the 1st [1/1/11…done completely on purpose because of how bad my memory is]. My husband had to work his 24 hours at the fire department so instead we celebrated the day before! Apparently, in wedding anniversary traditions for the second year you are suppose to be gifted with “cotton”…[really two years in only gets me cotton??? I have to say that I was just a little bit disappointed when I found out I have to wait until the 10th year to really start getting the good shit]. So, we decided to finally caved in and buy a new mattress! We also decided to go from a queen to a king size bed…which my husband did not take the time to think through thoroughly, if he had he never would have suggested a king because of how much money we ended up spending on everything I am sure! So, for our anniversary we ended up buying a new mattress, bedroom set including two nightstands and a dresser, matching lamps and bedding…then we went a little bat shit crazy and bought a new entertainment center for the living room, loft bed for Mason, two storage units for Mason’s room, and a stainless steel cart for cooking [yea not sure how all that other stuff happened, but we came home with it so I guess there’s no going back now]! Now that I that I think about it cotton wasn't a bad gift at all! But really, it is not about any gifts just another year to mark our happy life together [which by the way has been an amazing journey so far] so just because I feel like taking a stroll down memory lane here are a few pictures from our happy day!





By the way…Mason, who was not expecting a new loft bed and room storage bins was over the moon excited for us to put it all together for him. He has such a big boy room now [kind of makes me a little sad, he really is a kid now and not so much a toddler anymore]! His loft bed is a full size so he has plenty of room up there and we tucked his twin bed just underneath to give it that “bunk bed” feel. Needless to say we don’t see him much anymore, he enjoys being camped out in his room and occasionally will let his “bubba” in to explore.


What a great year it has been so far [minus that little bout with the flu] and we have so much coming up to look forward too! My parents coming to visit, Nash 1st birthday and our date night concerts, hoping for another bun in the oven at some point at the beginning of this year too!




No comments:

Post a Comment