Friday, November 7, 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup!

It's finally feeling like FALL outside! Yes.

I worked from home Thursday and it was the perfect day this week to do so...with it being a chilly 50 degrees and rain off and on all day. Oh yes. It was nice to not have to commute in. It was the kind of weather that called for homemade chicken noodle soup! I haven't made it in like...hmmm...at least six YEARS! Hey. I've been busy, don't judge. It's really very simple (which is why I make it) so I don't understand why more people do not. It taste way better than store bought, or at least I've always thought so.

If you'd like to take a crack at here are the basics...

For the noodles:
Mix together with a spoon in a large bowl 2 cups of flour and 1 tbsp of salt then pour in half a cup of water. Add 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg. Mix together well, then add another half a cup of flour. Now it's time to get your hands dirty, coat your hands with flour and mix in the added flour by hand until it begins to form. Section dough into smaller portions then roll out flat, I cut my noodles with a pizza cutter...it seems to work the best. After all your dough is rolled out and cut, lay the noodles on wax paper to dry. They will need at least two hours, but in the meantime you can start your soup!

For the soup:
In a stockpot add 2 big boxes of chicken both and 1 cup of water. Add in your carrots and celery plus season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for at least an hour (the long it simmers the better it taste)! 30 minutes before you are ready to serve take a rotisserie chicken (I cheat and buy my from Wally-Mart) and pull your meat off and throw it in, then add your noodles and some fresh parsley. That's it!



So yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment