Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014!

Oh.my.God.

Is it really December?!?! Where has this year gone! Apparently it has blew pass me and I am actually okay with that, I am honesty ready for 2015. I have a feeling that it is going to be a great year for our family and I am excited for it to just get here.

Our Thanksgiving was pretty low key (which was perfectly fine with me), it started out with a nice big cup of coffee while sitting in the living room, the kids rolling around on the floor watching cartoons and me just watching them (those little silent moments in life that are wonderful, sometimes it's nice to just stop and watch).



After about two and a half episodes of...I actually have no idea what kind of cartoon they were watching...it was a little trippy though. It was onto cooking! And by "cooking" I mean green bean casserole, regular green beans and an eclair cake dessert. Since green bean casseroles are probably one of the easiest items to make I don't even consider it "cooking" and my dessert didn't require any baking at all so it was a pretty stress-free Thanksgiving in my kitchen! I was done by 10 am.

It was a pretty lazy day around our house, I was able to get some cleaning done and some laundry moved around, our Thanksgiving dinner was not until 6 which was nice (I always think it's odd to eat dinner at noon on Thanksgiving... I mean I get the whole "grazing" thing for the rest of the day but then it doesn't even feel like dinner). We went over to our good friend's home to have dinner with their family and let the kids wear each other out (double win).

Thanksgiving Day Family Picture
We were suppose to be heading down to Orlando the Saturday after Thanksgiving but unfortunately the family who offered us the free pack admission tickets was unable to come through on their end so we cancelled the trip and decided to redecorate our master bedroom instead (and when I say "we" I really mean "me" since my husband does not paint. But just so he doesn't lose any street cred he did help hang some shelves and the new drapes). It was also still a win for Mason, because he was invited by his best friend and their family to Six Flags for the day and he had a blast.





It was also time to break out our elf! Slight name change over last year, Mason no longer wanted to call him General but instead Rez...so Rez made his first appearance and I am so excited this year that Nash can particapate in the fun too!


Next up on our busy schedule is countless holiday parties...a Black Keys concert...quick trip up to Ohio and CHRISTMAS!

Oh...and our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment