Monday, December 15, 2014

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!


Christmas is less than 15 days away! I swear this holiday gets so much more exciting once you have children. I love all the different opportunities we have as parents to start new traditions, continue old ones and really just being able to be a big kid again with your kids! We’ve been busy wrapping presents, counting down the days with our elf “Rez” and counting up our advent tree calendar! It is so awesome that Nash can really start to get into it this year as well, he was mesmerized by the Christmas lights Mr. Griswold put up for us and laughed his ass off when the squirrel jumped from the tree and chased the family. He even laughed when Randy started eating his meatloaf squealing like a pig!  I am of course referring to Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story which thank God BOTH boys love! There has also been a lot of Home Alone 1 & 2 as well as Planes, Trains & Automobiles on consist repeat at our house, but tis the season!

Our holidays are kicking into gear early with a trip to Ohio the weekend before Christmas to celebrate with Vince’s family! That same week I also have a quick trip to Nashville for business which combined with packing and preparing my desk for my days away from the office should make for a very stressful week! I’m excited to get away though and hoping to see a little snow while we’re up there as well!

We’ve also finally finished all of our Christmas shopping, it was a little challenging this year with the boys but we ended up getting Mas the telescope and a basketball hoop for the driveway along with some other smaller gifts. He also got my year old Kindle Fire since I upgraded to the Kindle Voyager and Nash got Mas’s old iPad passed down to him. Nash also got a bunch of small gifts, which consisted of ninjas and fire fighters. For both boys we got them the “big” gift of the outdoor theater for the back deck so that we can watch our movies outside by the fire! I think they will both be happy with this year’s assortment of presents.

I ordered my own Christmas gift this year since it required my ring size and I wanted to make sure it was engraved just the way I wanted it. As for Vince, he of course says he doesn’t want anything and honestly he kind of has everything that currently peaks his interest…I mean he has every accessory available for the Green Egg Grill and everything he could possible need at the moment to brew his beer. I do think in the near future we may build a nice Kegerator for him but he doesn’t feel like he needs it just yet so I am stumped on what to get him…I’m keeping an eye out online for any last minute ideas and/or deals but at this point I've got nothing!

I also managed to get the Christmas gifts made for Mason’s teacher and Nash’s sitters this past weekend! It was a Pinterest project and I am very happy with how they came out! I also added some hot dark chocolate mix, marshmallows, Hershey’s kisses and candy canes to complete the gift! I know it would be a MILLION times easier to just buy a gift but for some reason I just think it means more to make them…or make as much of them as possible.

Well it’s time to tackle this crazy busy week ahead of me so that we can get our asses up north to hopefully celebrate an early white Christmas with family!
 
Teacher's Christmas gifts!
 
The boys trying to figure out which Christmas movie to watch next!
Our elf Rez is in full swing Christmas countdown mode!
 
We also went to the Black Keys concert last week and Nash (of course) LOVE it!
The Christmas Eve present is ready! We'll let them open this on Christmas Eve and they spend the evening munching on the goodies, playing with the toys and watching the movies!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment