Thursday, October 11, 2012

Laughing Cow Stuffed Chicken with Spinach Cream Sauce!

Mmmm...mmm! What an awesome recipe this turned out to be...I kind of switched it up a little bit [I know I am totally stepping out of my comfort zone] but it all turned out just super yummy! So, I thought I would share...here ya go!

Here are the ingredients for the main dish:
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 10 oz of Spinach
- 3 wedges of Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Toothpicks
- Oregano 
- Garlic Powder

First, I trimmed all the fat off the chicken breasts then I made a slight incision starting from the thickest part of the breast and worked my way down to the thinnest without cutting it completely in half. 

Rip up the spinach into small quarter size pieces [I totally used my hands for this...I'm sure it is way more professional to "chop" the spinach up but who cares! My hands are clean and it's way faster this way] In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese wedges, spinach and olive oil. Mix until the cheese is nicely coating all of the spinach then stuff roughly two tablespoons of mixture into each chicken breast. I used toothpicks to hold the chicken closed while it cooked [don't want all that yummyness <--- new word, right there...to escape out the side]. Then cover chicken in a little bit of olive oil, salt & pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Cook on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 




Now, while that is cooking I made the sauce. Here are the ingredients:
- 3 wedges of Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 oz of Spinach [ripped into quarter pieces by hand]

In a small sauce pot, I mixed all ingredients and bring it to a boil. Then reduce heat to shimmer and just continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken up a bit. After 45 minutes in the oven I removed the dish and then poured my sauce over the chicken, covered with foil and baked for another 15 minutes [make sure you don't push the foil down too tight around the dish...don't want the cheese to get stuck to the top of the foil] then serve!




Funny, I thought my 4 year old would put up a fight about eating this [because it has "green stuff" coming out of it] so I made him chicken nuggets instead...surprise, surprise...he even loved this dish and ended up helping my husband finish off his plate! Definitely one I am making again, hope you enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment