Wednesday, April 3, 2013

[PLF] Love!


So, since March 31st marks my husband and I's very first date three years ago I wanted to post a blog with the story of our engagement [Yes. I realize today is April 3rd and I am a few days late but cut a girl some slack...it's been crazy busy around here]!

I could not have planned it better myself! We both love to laugh and had found this great little comedy place not long after we started dating. So when Vince said that he wanted to head up to the Village Theater for a show, I didn't think twice about it since it is a place we visited about twice a month for shows. We found it completely by accident but absolutely loved the vibe, people and relaxed atmosphere, we like to PLF as they say there which means "Party Like F@*k". We had been trying to get a group of friends together for a while to come with us and I really just thought that the stars had finally aligned because two of my closest friends and another couple who also recently got engaged agreed to meet us there. The night was like any other night before, great show, good company and lots of laughs. Since we had become "regulars" there, we also befriended a lot of the cast members as well as the owners. There had been several shows where I had gone up on stage to participate in the show itself. But that night Vince said he thought he would like to go up on stage since he never had before, I thought that was a great idea!

So, towards the end of the show they started to ask for an audience member to come up on stage. Vince's hand shot up in the air and I excitedly pointed to him as well to hopefully get the MC's attention so that he would be picked to go up. The owner, who was hosting the show that night spotted us and asked Vince to come on up, but then strangely he pointed to me too! I really didn't think twice about it and followed Vince up on stage. We were going through the improv scene with the actors and I was just trying to be funny and not really paying attention to much else. 

Then I heard Vince say my name, I thought to myself..."why is he saying my name in a improv skit?" [My name is not funny...ugh...he is going to ruin it]. He is way more creative and funnier then that! The next words out of his mouth literally took my breath away. He said "Gen, would you PLF with me for the rest of my life?" At first I really thought he was joking...I mean we are at a comedy show! Then he started walking towards me with a box in his hand, he got down on his knee and at this point I thought my legs we're going to give out [to be honest I didn't even really see the ring at first, I just kept asking him if "he was sure"...I mean. I know I was the best catch in town but still had to make sure he knew what he was getting into]. I am sure I looked at it but things began to haze a bit at this point due to shock and surprise. I managed to verbalize a "yes" for him even though I had already said yes like a million times in my head.

All our friends there already knew the plan of course and Vince told me that my family had already known as well. He had asked both my mother and father for there blessing. He told me that night that the ring was a temporary one, he knew how much my grandmother Rochelle and my grandmother Bonnie's wedding sets were to me and he also has his grandmother's wedding set so we ended up designing a ring as unique as me, incorporating all three wedding sets. It couldn't have been a more perfect idea [not to discount the ring he gave me on stage that night, which is a beautiful flower designed diamond ring].

Thinking back I can honestly say that I feel exactly the same way I felt about him that night, if not maybe a bit stronger. I had always said I would never get married because I never wanted to get divorced but I know with every ounce in my body that he is my match. 

Now...fast forward three years...

We are still the same of goofy couple who would rather spend every second of our time with each other and our two boys. Making plans well into our future, expanding our family and enjoying every adventure that presents itself, together. 

Reminiscencing back to that wonderful night and reminding myself how lucky I am to have found my partner in life. Here are some photos I dug up from that awesome night!




No comments:

Post a Comment