Wednesday, December 19, 2012

True Merriment Requires Family!

6 days...that's it...just 6 more days until Christmas! I am so excited for the boys to spend Christmas down in Florida with both my family and my husband's family as well! Mas is getting his much loved Skylanders along with every action figure character that has been produced [he was a really good boy this year]! Nash being so little is getting a nice mixture of noisy, colorful toys along with some $$$ to add to his growing savings account...this kid already has over $350 in savings and he's not even a year old yet [I know some adults who don't have that much in their bank account]! Let the Christmas cheer and merriment with family begin!

Also, busy working on my sister-in-laws homemade gift for little Wesley's nursery [who was born on December 17th, I am officially an AUNT...so ready to spoil this kid]...thanks to Pinterest of course I made this sign for Nash's room. Now that I have worked out the kinks I am going to be making one for my sweet little nephew, he already holds a special place in my heart. I will post a picture of his once it's complete!



With all the craziness going on during the holidays the hubby and I still had to have our date night [sometimes it's just nice to get away from the kids]. This month we planned a date night with a few couples to make it more interesting! I must say my husband is such a good sport, he will pretty much try anything I want to do at least once just because it is something I want to do [that's a damn good husband right there]! So, when I told him that December date night was a BYOB painting class he was all in! Now...my husband is no artist...he complains when he has to paint a wall in our house so I was not expecting to be blown away. But my husband on the other hand had this idea that his painting was going to be so good that we would be displaying it all year [bahaha]! I will let the picture below speak for itself. We did have an awesome time as did the other couples and we will probably do something like this again in the future [I mean how bad could it be when you can bring and drink all the wine you want]! It was also kind of sweet seeing all the husband's getting into it and really trying to paint!


My husband. The only one in the class with a Super Mario themed painting. Our 4 year old loved it!
I must say I love our once a month dates, it is just so nice having something to look forward too...a nice break from the routine! We already have the next couple of months planned out and I am super excited! Here's what we're planning in case you are looking for any ideas...

January - Day Date: Gun Range and Lunch!
February - We are having our family pictures done so to save money there is no date planned for this month. 
March - Eric Clapton Concert!
April - Murder Mystery Dinner!
May - Vacation to Myrtle Beach!
June - Fleetwood Mac Concert!

Yep! I am one lucky girl to have a husband who actually enjoys spending all his time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment