Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings

So, I decided yesterday that it has been a minute since I have baked/cooked something...anything?!?! Seriously. It's been like weeks. My husband has become [dare I say it?] even MORE obsessed lately with his green egg grill and has pretty much cooked every single meal on it! I mean...don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, but it has left no time at all for me to work on my kitchen skills. So I decided to make a dessert last night to go with the beer can chicken and broccoli that the hubs was cooking [of course, if you know me then you know that it has to be the easiest recipe I could find. It was. It also turned out awesome]. It turned out so yummy that I thought I would share...plus it's made with Mountain Dew...if it's made with any kind of soda I have just got to make it! 

Here's what your going to need:

Two Granny Smith Apples [peeled and cut into eight wedges]
Two Can of Regular Crescent Rolls 
Two Tablespoons Melted Butter
One Tablespoon Vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar
One 8oz Can of Mountain Dew

Once you have the apples peeled and cut it actually takes really no time to put this together. Start by laying out your crescent rolls, this recipe makes 16 apple dumplings so I would use a fairly decent size baking dish. Take one of the apple wedges and lay at the thickest part of the roll then sprinkle the entire roll with cinnamon sugar and roll up the apple inside placing the small tip of the crescent roll down when you place it in the dish. 


Disclaimer: My phone camera sucks!

Now that all the dumplings are ready, in a measuring cup melt two tablespoons of butter then add one tablespoon of vanilla and sprinkle to your liking as much cinnamon sugar you'd like [I, of course used a lot...don't judge]. Then pour this over all the dumplings as evenly as possible.


Disclaimer: My phone camera sucks!

Last but certainly not least it's time to add the Dew...as far as the measurements for this...well it really depends on how much "gooeyness" you like with your apple dumplings. I had planned on serving this with vanilla ice cream [yes. notice the "had" since I forgot the ice cream at the store and I had already taken my bra off so there was no way in hell I was going back out to the store]. I used about 4 ounces and it turned out with just enough goo but not too much. If I had had ice cream I probably would have used a little more so it could coat the ice cream. 


Disclaimer: My phone camera sucks!

Once you've evenly poured all ingredients over the dumplings then pop that bitch in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes...or until they are a light brown on top. 


Disclaimer: My phone camera sucks!

It was sooooo yummy! Mas really enjoyed them and liked that it was something easy enough that he could help me make and I no longer...well at least for the next few days feel like a kitchen failure! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment