Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Eggs-travaganza!

It's that time again! Hunting for colorful eggs, spending time with great friends, baskets full of treats...yes yes...it's Easter! 

I was a little more excited this year for Easter then I have probably ever been in my entire life because Nash is walking and I could not wait to see him go pick up his own eggs during the hunt [even though that totally did not work out as well as I had pictured it in my mind].

First up Saturday morning was Mas's soccer game [he scored his fourth goal of the season]! Next we headed over to a good friend's house for an afternoon cook out and egg hunt! Weatherman said Easter Sunday was going to be pretty cloudy and rainy so we decided to celebrate a day early to take full advantage of the beautiful spring weather! Mas was also extra excited when he found out that the eggs where filled with quarters and dollars instead of candy, he made $3.00 egg hunting and Nash pocketed $2.00! 

My sweet Nash...he had just woken up from a nap before the egg hunt began and was not quite with it yet so he didn't do too much "hunting" but he did get the help of our friend's daughter Madison [who Nash shamelessly flirts with all the time...I'm thinking Nash may have been able to egg hunt by himself and this was just a ploy to grab her attention...it was pretty funny]. But I did mange to get some cute pictures of the kiddos doing there thing! I tried to get more pictures of Mas but with hidden eggs on the line, the odds of him stopping to take a picture are little to none.



Madison helping Nash egg hunt!
Yes. Those are baby ducks. That's just how we roll for Easter.
Mas on the hunt!
Nash had his one egg and he was happy!
Since Mas knows that I am the one who puts his Easter basket together, he has been very clever in his attempts to try to get me to tell him where I had everything hidden. He did manage to find Nash's basket of goodies but luckily just after Christmas I moved my "Mas's gift spot" to a higher, out of reach location. 


Both boys loved all the treats and toys in their baskets so Sunday since it was cloudy and rainy out we just hung out at home as a family and played with all the new stuff! 

Now I am in countdown mode to my girl's weekend to Savannah in April and our family vacation to Myrtle Beach in May! 

Side Note: I updated the shitty pictures from my post "Birthday Bacon" check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment