Friday, September 20, 2013

Free Time...What's That?!?!

Wow! Has it really been almost a month since I've blogged? We have been so busy these last few weeks it has honestly felt like a world wind! We love to be busy...there is no doubt about that but it will be nice when things slow down...just a bit! So what's been keeping me on my toes over these past weeks?

Well, it started when I thought it would be an awesome idea to sign up as acting "team mom" for Mason's baseball season...while also starting a new job [I may not have really thought that one through] but
I was committed. 
Between my new job [which I absolutely LOVE] plus two soccer practices a week and then at least two baseball games a week through October...well yeah. My head has been spinning, Vince has been feeling the same way since he is currently in the middle of a semester working on his master's degree and he signed up to be the assistant coach for baseball [why do we do this to ourselves]?!

But in the end it is all worth it, Mas thinks it's just the coolest thing since sliced bread that his dad is his coach too! At the end of the day when your completely exhausted, can't tell whether your coming or going and haven't had more than a three sentence conversation with your husband in almost a week it is totally worth it to see Mason so excited and really enjoying himself!


So because of all the impending craziness that was about to occur I took the opportunity...or I should say my always sweet and loving husband took over the craziness for me so that I could sneak down to Florida for a short weekend trip and of course one of my favorite things to do...CONCERT! It was so awesome, not only did I get to spend some kid free quality time with my best friend since high school but I FINALLY got to see Depeche Mode in concert [and yes it is the same Depeche Mode from the 80's and yes they still are a kick ass band]. It was definitely one of the concerts on my bucket list! Added bonus Bate for Lashes opened for them...who I am now currently obsessed with!


I did take Nash with me so that Mas and Vince could have a "boys weekend" and Nash was well over due for some playtime with his cousin Wesley who lives in Florida too...so it was a win/win for everyone!

Double Trouble
While we were away the boys definitely had a weekend...this was the photo I received from my husband...him and Mas were at a Silverbacks game in Atlanta...


My kid looks absolutely CRAZY in this picture...but man does he love going to those soccer games and chanting with the other hooligans!

In other news on the home front...
Nash is officially sleeping in a "big boy" bed...the doctor told us at his 18 month check up that it was time and surprisingly it was really easy! I thought he was going to fight us on it but all it took was for Mas to lay down in the bed once to show him and then he was all about it! 


Maybe we will be able to apply this same principle to potty training...have Mas show him once and then hope he tries to copy his brother with that too!
Ha! I'm sure I won't get that lucky twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment