Friday, September 26, 2014

October Here We Come!

It is Friday!!!

Lunch break is consisting of sitting outside in the courtyard of my office building enjoying this aMaZing fall weather and typing this blog…

I can’t even believe that September is already over, it flew by so quick! But I am excited for October which consists of every single weekend being PACKED with plans…don’t believe me? So, October 4th through the 12th we’ll be on a cruise to Aruba, Curacaos and Grand Turk then October 17th through 19th we’ll be on a “Spook-O-Ree” camping trip for Tiger Scouts and finally the last weekend of October which is the 23rd through the 26th we’ll be in Orange Beach, Alabama to watch my husband graduate with his Master’s degree.

Which is why by November I will be ready for some much needed “lay around the house and do not do shit” time. Although I’m also pretty sure by then we will have already filled up our November calendar with activities. Since these past few months have seemed to go by quicker than usual it’s also got me thinking about Nash’s upcoming 3rd birthday party which even though is in February feels like it might just sneak up on me. He is currently obsessed (and that is a complete understatement) with all things construction equipment and fire trucks related, I was actually thinking how cool it would be to have a party at like a Yancy CAT Equipment Dealership (there is one local in my county) he would literally shit. a. brick. when he saw all the huge pieces of equipment but then I thought…

LIABILITY.

I do specialize in Commercial Insurance so of course that would be my mind set. I honestly don’t think any business owner in their right mind would allow a TODDLER birthday party to be held in their place of business…I could just picture Nash scaling to the top of one of those massive bulldozers, raise his hands in the air and yell “BIG TRUCK” before then nose diving into my arms…yeah.

So. Next idea was to just have it at our house, out on the back deck but then we’re talking February where the average temperature in Georgia is usually just above freeze you’re ass off (seriously, last year around his birthday we had two snow storms blow through…remember Snow-pocalypse 2014) and the thought of having a bunch of toddlers cooped up inside my house is not appealing either…so I guess I will continue to think on this.

In other news, I attended my first SPIN class in THREE YEARS yesterday…and I am happy to report that I am so incredibility sore that it hurts to even sit on the toilet… How did I ever do up to three classes a week before?!?! Oh that’s right, I was younger and already in shape. But I’m getting back into a routine, slowly but surely. Not sure if I’ll ever work my way back up to three times a week but I’d be happy with once a week along with my usual gym time.

And finally…

Some pictures from the last few weeks that have been sitting on my phone or that I have been meaning to post and just got busy… There mainly of the boys because truthfully they're all I ever take pictures of.





A gift waiting for me in my briefcase this morning from Mas, love my sweet boy!

Oh weekend, here I come!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment