Friday, September 7, 2012

Nash's Harbor!

Obviously since Nash is six months old his nursery has been done for a while now [I was actually so excited I finished the nursery before I even knew if he was a boy or not] but I have a lot of friends who are pregnant or are trying so I just figured I would just post some pictures for ideas!


Love my accent wall!

I knew from the moment I found out that I was pregnant that I wanted to do a nautical theme nursery. I grew up on the beach and it just seems so calming to me, perfect for a baby! I had seen some different accent walls with this technique and I knew that I wanted to try it! I wish I would have taken some before photos but this was the end product and I am in love with it!





I think this will also be a great room for him to grow into, the mixture of light/dark blue makes it not feel overly "babyish" which is what we we're going for. Both my husband and I are not a fan of over the top cuteness that some nurseries can give off. I like a very clean mature look. 




















My husband did an amazing job of finding tons of nautical themed decor mainly off Craigslist and yard sales! The dresser and side table with storage are both from Ikea. The tall white chest is a piece I have had for years that I found at a small consignment furniture shop. I still have a million ideas of things I want to add to this space and eventually one day I will but with a teething six month old plus a full time job it definitely won't be happening anytime soon! For now Nash really does seem to enjoy the space so if he's not in a rush to make changes then I guess I'm not either!

No comments:

Post a Comment