Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween...Muahaha!

By far one of the best holidays EVER! I was super excited this year to celebrate Halloween since my little snuggle bug is at the perfect age to dress up as cute as I want! Unlike Mas...who wanted to be a "bloody" pirate...not a cute little fireman or giraffe or maybe even a superhero...nope...bring on the blood! He is totally into the scary thing now...which is cool cause that can be fun too but you can't deny the cuteness factor! We of course being the corny family that we are, came up with a family themed costume idea for all of us [my husband is already pitching ideas for next year]! Mas is a bloody pirate and Vince is his parrot [Yes. He has a full size parrot costume - scary thing about that is he owned it before I even met him]. I am a normal, non-bloody pirate [mainly because that shit is hard to come off and all I need to do is show up at work the next day looking like I may have been beaten to an inch of my life with faded blood stains on my face] and Nash is my little parrot! This may be bias on my end but I have to two cutest kids in the world...with or without the costumes! 



We've been pretty much celebrating all week! Mas ended up going to two different "trunk or treats" as well as the fall festival at our church! We even ended up at the bowling alley Halloween night [which I think we will make a tradition for our family every year...so fun]! Mas officially has enough candy for Mommy and Daddy to raid nightly while probably going totally unnoticed by him due to the sheer amount! We also decorated our pumpkins and put up our "scary" stickers [per Mas we need even MORE scary decorations for the house] and there is now a nice and noticeable chill in the air which makes it feel even more like fall is here!



Vince and I got in a little Halloween action as well, we attended the Boos & Brews Festival [free beer...that's all my husband needed to know] but it was pretty funny to sit and "costume people watch"...whew! Some of the costumes were pretty crazy scary hilarious! We had a good time and per my husband "I was the sexiest pirate there" [it took a little coaching to get him to rephrase his previous statement to include sexiest chick there, but eventually he can around to my side of the fence].



Here are some pictures of us! It was a great first Halloween with Nash, guess I better enjoy it while it lasts! I have a funny feeling with the way he is already copying Mason's every move plus the fact that he will be 20 months next Halloween that he will want to be something "bloody" like his bubba [Nash's nickname for Mas]...sigh...so I probably am going to only get one year of cuteness overload...ol' well boys will be boys!




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
from the Harris family





No comments:

Post a Comment