Friday, December 7, 2012

Date Night - Kids Edition!

Back in November, Mas and I had a "just the two of us" weekend which included a trip to Six Flags and the Disney on Ice show. We went to the Disney show with a good friend [she has three children so...I listen and take all the advise I can get when she gives it!] she was telling me how important it is to set aside specific time to spend with your kids, just one on one. I've been thinking about it...it really is a great idea. With the way our family's schedule is I really don't get as much one on one time as I would like [it is so crazy how fast the evenings go once home from work! Cleaning up, dinner, bath time...before you know it, it's bed time!]. My husband being a fire fighter only works every third day so he has plenty of time with the boys throughout the week...but Mommy...not so much

So, I have decided since the monthly date night with the husband is working so well that I will start a monthly mommy/son date night! It will be even better when Nash gets older and I can plan some dates with him. But while Vince works and Mas is visiting his mom, Nash gets his one on one time, so for now I will just plan these with Mas until Nash is old enough to join in on the fun! Already kicking around some ideas for January...of course once Mas gets home I'm going to let him choose from a few options since it is his date night after all! 

So, here's what I've got so far:
-Bowling [he loves to bowl...I think he might like talking trash while bowling even more!]
-Redbox Carpet Picnic [he gets to pick out the movie and take-out for a picnic on the living room floor.]
-Video Game Tournament [set up the rules and even have a prize for the winner.]
-Dinner with Chef Mas [let him plan dinner and then make it together.]
-Broad Game Showdown [let him pick out two board games and then play three rounds of tournaments each.]
-Arts & Craft
-Movie & Popcorn [snuggle in bed watching a movie and eating marshmallow popcorn]

That's what I've got so far...not looking to do things too expensive since I think it's more about our time together then the actually activity [plus the older he gets the more expensive the activities will get anyways] but I think these will be a good start! 

Two date nights a month with two of my favorite boys...can't get much better than that! 



Of course can't post a blog without some current pictures! Here's Mas being a little cowboy at the grandparents house...so handsome!


Newest picture of Nash...it's getting harder and harder to get a picture of him holding still! Now that he's crawling he just doesn't stop!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment