Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mason's 6th Birthday!

Wow…has it really been so long?!?! I feel like it has been forever since I’ve had the chance to sit down, collect my thoughts and write (which is more like type these days…I don’t even remember what my handwriting looks like anymore). To say it has been a busy last couple of months would be the understatement of the year.

To get you up to speed in the last seven months I’ve switched jobs three times…Yes. Three. The last move taking on a very stressful, attention demanding role…but also allowing me to work more reasonable hours as well as one day a week from home. It was/is a great opportunity for me, being able to run a department the best way I feel fit has been a goal I’ve worked towards all my career (and the pay raise wasn’t too back either). On top of that, the boys have gotten full blown back into all their activities…and then some! Mason has started back up in baseball with Vince now head coach and myself as team mom. Both boys are back in soccer…Nash in his little soccer uniform is so cute it should be banned plus we’ve added Boy Scouts for Mas along with Vince and I taking on the den leader roles and AWANA through our church to the mix of “we’re already so busy so why the hell not add a few more things”. Oh…and then there’s basketball coming up in late fall which Mas has decided he wants to play again…

But I’ve realized in the last several months of being unbelievably busy that we’re not the only family who runs like this (and when I say “like this” I mean at a million miles per hour) All. The. Time. So…a happy medium must be found and blogging helps to keep things in perspective for me so back to blogging I’ve gone. Plus, for any of you who truly know me well know that this blog is more for me than anyone else…who knows what I’ll recall clearly as the years press on.

I thought about blogging about our summer but truthfully it just went by too fast and for a good bit of it both boys were away visiting family out of state. So, it seemed appropriate to “re-start” the blog on a subject that was one of my very first blog posts…Mason SIXTH birthday!!! I know…when did this happen…really he’s six year’s old…seems unreal but true and what a sixth birthday party it was!

I should say that Mason in the past year has developed a true obsession with all things military related…books, movies, documentaries, video games, toys…all things military! So, it did not surprise me when he said he’d like a military themed birthday party.
 
 
 
 
 



 
We also just finished our new deck so what better way to take advantage of it then having the party at our house (no big deal) well then Mas asked if he could invite a few friends to spend the night after the party (still…no big deal). Pictured below is what really happened…


Yes. I. Know.

I am still sane although for a few moments that night I may had skirted the edge of my sanity…just a little. It’s funny, when all the parents left and things quieted down Vince and I looked at all FIVE boys and then to each other and I swear at that moment we both said “Hmm…we kind of need like another set of adults here”.

But we managed all right, after several thousand pixie sticks eaten, outdoor flashlight tag, five showers, three movies, one upset tummy at the lovely hour of 2:00 AM they were finally all peacefully asleep. WE SURVIVED. Mas had the best time and even Vince told me that this birthday party was going to be hard to top, which always makes a girl feel good. Best part of the entire party was the next morning when all the kids were being picked up, Mas was leaving a few minutes earlier than the other kids since it was his day with his mom and one of his friends said to Mas “Your Mom is picking you up? Your Mom is right here” and his response was “I’m lucky I have two Mom’s

It also would not be a birthday in our house without a birthday breakfast and balloon surprise!
 
 


Now it’s onto baseball games, soccer practices, den meetings, AWANA classes and COUNTING DOWN UNTIL VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment