Monday, November 17, 2014

You're So Pretty November!

Is it seriously already mid-November?!?! The end of this year is flying by with lightning speed! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas…I may or may not already be listening to Christmas music…I just can’t help myself!


Planning a quiet, travel-free Thanksgiving…looking into possibly volunteering or we may just end up having dinner with some good friends. I remember as a kid gathering with all my family at my aunt’s house every year and enjoying the best homemade dishes…my family can really throw down on the “from scratch” mac-n-cheese and stuffing (or “dressing” depending on what of part of the country you’re from). It was the best, we’d get there just in time for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade to be coming on the television and it would serve as background noise as dishes were prepared and conversations were had. I only wish we lived closer to them so that the boys could experience those things as well. But we’ve been lucky enough to find friends here in Georgia who have become like family to us so I really can’t complain!

This month has been keeping us busy for sure and a lot of it is around the house related...for instance I have already done all my Christmas decorating. Yes. I know. I really do know. It is not even Thanksgiving yet, but last year I did get around to decorating until like two weeks before Christmas and it just made the hoilday seem to go by too quickly. Plus, it makes the house feel all warm and cozy, having the tree lit and fireplace decoated. What can I say...slight obsession, yes.



 
Luckily, Vince is off this year for Thanksgiving to celebrate with us (last year he was at the fire station) but he is on shift for Christmas, so we’ve decided to take a family trip up to Ohio the weekend before Christmas to celebrate with his family! It will be my first trip up to Ohio during the winter months. Being a Floridian I have always thought how nice it would be to experience a “white Christmas” (or in our case “a weekend prior to Christmas, white Christmas) and I just may get it with this upcoming winter being predicted as one of the worst. So, it will be a quick trip of just four days but long enough to see everyone and partake in all the pre-Christmas cheer!

We’ve been kicking around some ideas for Christmas gifts this year for the boys (I swear it feels like they already have everything) and I think we’ve finally decided for Mas it will be a telescope, getting the outdoor theater set-up for movies and some small odds and ends he has hinted at us. He is also currently obsessed with these Mind-Craft videos on u-Tube…he even asked if we could invite the video creator to his 7th birthday party next year. He said “I think he might live in England, but if he doesn’t can he please come to my party?” It’s odd. BUT it’s what he’s into so I thought maybe I’d reach out to the guy and see if he could send me a Merry Christmas Mason video. I think Mas may flip over it, so we’ll see. Now, onto Nash…he is a totally different story. We have no idea. It’s so odd, he is kind of into everything and then is kind of not into anything at all. He loves music, fire fighters and ninjas…but he already has a million of those related toys and he bounces back and forth between them like crazy, not one particular one getting more than just a few minutes of his attention. I swear sometimes he has the attitude of a teenager…you know…acting like you are disinterested but you actually really do think it’s cool. He is really the biggest trip now, such a social butterfly. I always wondered with Mason and Nash’s age difference if Nash was going to get pushed out of Mason’s group of friends because he was the younger brother and who wants a baby brother hanging around. But it’s seems like all of Mason’s friends love having Nash around just as much, which is so funny to us and so far Mason doesn’t seem to mind either.

Oh and speaking of Mas, our little superstar also got STUDENT OF THE MONTH for November! We're so proud! He has also made it to the behavior wall of frame twice now this school year...we are trying to find a good weekend to plan a cool reward for him since he has been doing so awesome this school year!

On a totally unrelated note, our anniversary is coming up as well and while I usually have a good idea on how I want to celebrate, we’ve just been so busy this past month that I haven’t really given it any thought. We’ll probably end up in our favorite spot in Atlanta, maybe throw in a nice dinner somewhere…that’s enough for me. It’s always nice to celebrate you anniversary at the very place you initially got engaged. I'm hoping for our next anniversary, which will be our fifth that we can finally take that trip to Ireland that we’ve been talking about.

Now...
Back to my Christmas music.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment