Friday, January 25, 2013

The "Talent"

What an exciting week it has been around here!!! Back in November a friend of my husband's referred us to a casting agency for baby models, I really did not think much would come of it but I went ahead and sent in a few photos of Nash that I had just taken of him being his silly self around the house. I was surprised to hear back from her the very next day requesting that we bring Nash in for a test shoot. My husband took him up to Atlanta the following day and told me that they were so impressed with how good of a baby he is and how easy it was for them to get a good picture of him smiling [like it literally took them two minutes, my husband said it was taking all the other babies WAY longer]!

After a few months plus the crazy holiday season I kind of forgot all about it, then we received an email that Nash had booked his first job [so ridiculously, over the moon, crazy excited]! At first the details were very limited, but we found out yesterday when my husband showed up at the shoot [as much as I would LOVE to take Nash to these shoots apparently I create a distraction for him...he will not perform when I am around...all he wants is for me to snuggle him. So it's daddy duty at these modeling gigs] he found out that the product was a Disney Car themed baby walker and it was a video shoot instead of a photo shoot! He said it was pretty cool, there were like 15 people working the set and it was filmed in this vacant home and they literally just had the living room decorated for the shoot...even had the ground tracks for the camera and the lighting all around! As far as we know right now the video is going to be used as a promotional video for the this website which sells all kinds of baby toys, we are not sure yet if it will air on television. Plus, he has another test shoot scheduled in February to update his file for future jobs! Vince said he was by far the best baby with the walker and that he really did cheese it up for the cameras [that's my boy]! Mason was also with them and helped out so much with keeping Nash happy and in a good mood, the casting agent said she thought Mason would be great for modeling as well and gave us the name of an agency that specializes in older kids, so I am going to be submitting Mason's information and photos this week! Just the idea that these boys could make some extra money to go into they're savings account for when they get older and all that have to do is be their cute, silly, adorable selves!


Nash on set!
In other news...
I am still working on themes for Nash's first birthday party at the end of February. I know that I definitely want to go with some sort of beachy, nautical, fish/whale theme and colors I am thinking are dark blues, light greens and silver...here what I have found so far that I like!


Blue Ombre Cake


Blue Ombre Cupcakes







Nash also got his VERY first haircut this week! To be honest...I did not want to cut his hair [like never ever cut it] I love his blonde locks BUT with the shoot I wanted him to look his best and his hair was starting to hang down over his ears pretty noticeably so I took him for a quick trim ONLY around the ears and just a little cleaning up in the back but they didn't cut any on top or in the front! I was a little nervous since most people tell me that kids scream during their first haircuts but nope...not my kid...he just sat there and held still...didn't move, didn't cry, he was so good! It also helped I'm sure that his bubba was sitting in the chair right next to him getting his hair trimmed up around his ears as well! As soon as Nash saw his bubba sitting still and not crying it was like Nash thought "Okay, this is cool. My bubba is calm so I will be calm too". I just couldn't believe it!  


Bad Salon Lighting = Bad First Haircut Picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment